Air Conditioning Maintenance Services in Strathroy, Ontario.
In Strathroy, Ontario, where summers bring warmth and vibrancy, maintaining your air conditioning system is key to enjoying the season to its fullest. PlumbHouse Plumbing, Heating, & Electrical specializes in comprehensive air conditioning maintenance services that ensure your unit is running at peak efficiency. We draw your attention with our meticulous approach to maintenance, which not only extends the lifespan of your AC unit but also enhances its performance, ensuring your home remains a cool, comfortable haven. Our expertise in preventive care and efficiency optimization will capture your interest, promising a summer free from unexpected breakdowns and costly repairs. Let your desire for a reliably cool and energy-efficient home this summer motivate you to take action. Choose PlumbHouse for your air conditioning maintenance needs and experience the peace of mind that comes with knowing your comfort is in expert hands.
Invest in air conditioner maintenance today and avoid huge bills in the future.
When temperature and humidity rise high during the summer season in Strathroy, Ontario, the last thing you want is your ac unit's breakage. To ensure that your air conditioner is ready for a season and is working correctly, you need to carry out regular maintenance.
Air conditioner maintenance is a pretty straightforward process that is not expensive and can bring considerable benefits in the future: it can help prevent the unexpected breakage of vital unit components and extend your unit's lifetime.
Plumbhouse has more than 15 years of experience in ac repair, ac maintenance and ac replacement. We will make sure that your system is adjusted for energy-efficient operation. Call us today to schedule a free ac maintenance consultation.
Benefits of regular air conditioning maintenance in Strathroy, Ontario.
- Saving on energy bills. If a unit is not cleaned regularly and the air filter is not changed in time, a unit will have to work harder to cool your house. Also, moving parts that are not regularly lubricated require more effort for the operation that requires more energy use.
- Increased unit's lifespan. Regular check-ups keep your unit in the best condition possible, decreasing the likelihood of failure and increasing the length of use.
- Prevent expensive repairs. Since your unit's placement can be away from the living space, small failures can go unnoticed for many years. The longer it happens, the worse it gets, and the more expensive it will be to repair. A regular check of the unit and its components will help to prevent that from happening.
How does air conditioning maintenance work?
- We schedule an appointment. Call us (519) 453-4650 or fill the contact form, and we will call you back. We will find a time that works for you and fits in your schedule.
- Our technician arrives. Our technician will arrive at the determined time and explain to you all the actions that will be performed. The whole ac maintenance procedure will not take more than 1 hour.
- Maintenance is completed. After the maintenance is done, our technician will give you a full description of your unit’s condition. If a repair is needed, our technician will provide you with a price estimate for the repair.
Air conditioner maintenance tips
Try running your ac before it gets too hot
- If you do that before the heat kicks in, you will have time to order details or arrange the repair much cheaper than if you do that in the middle of a season.
Cover the top part of the outdoor module in winter
- Although the unit is supposed to be outdoors and protected from water, a simple cover will help keep it safe during winter. It can also help to protect it from icicles falling and breaking its parts.
- Rapping the unit will create comfortable conditions for mice to live there during the winter, so if you do cover the unit, cover only the top part.
- Remember to uncover your ac unit after winter.
Clean the condenser coil
- Examine your unit several times a season. If it looks dirty, clean it with water. Don’t use any chemical cleaners as they may contain corrosive chemicals that will accelerate your coil's corrosion, especially if it is made out of aluminum.
- Disconnect the power from the unit. Get the top off your unit and spray some water from inside out. Don’t use a power washer or a pressure washer because the fins are flexible, and you might bend them.
Check the unit for mouse nest and broken wires
- Locate your disconnect, open it and disconnect the power from the condenser. Double-check that the electricity is turned off by meter or voltage pen.
- Open the electrical section of the unit and inspect the electrical components. Make sure nothing is falling apart, and there is no nest in there.
Check the suction line insulation
- Every unit has 2 refrigeration lines going out of it. The suction line is the thick one; it always should have insulation over it. With time insulation falls apart, which reduces the lifespan of your compressor.
Level the condenser unit
- Keep in mind that every unit has copper pipes that can be damaged if you move the ac too much.
Replace air filter regularly
- Usually, the optimal use time of a single filter is around 1 month. Still, it can be lower if you make renovations in the house.
- The arrow on the filter should always be pointing the furnace. That way, you can be sure that it is installed correctly.