Air Conditioning Maintenance Services in Ilderton, Ontario.
In the warm, lively summers of Ilderton, Ontario, proper upkeep of your air conditioning system is essential for making the most of the season. PlumbHouse Plumbing, Heating, & Electrical offers thorough air conditioning maintenance services to keep your system functioning at its best. Our detailed approach to maintenance not only prolongs the life of your AC unit but also boosts its efficiency, keeping your space comfortably cool. The focus on preventive maintenance and enhancing efficiency will intrigue you, offering a summer devoid of unforeseen malfunctions and expensive repairs. If you're seeking a consistently cool and energy-efficient home this summer, let this be your call to action. Rely on PlumbHouse for your air conditioning maintenance and enjoy the assurance that comes with expert care for your comfort.
Invest in air conditioner maintenance today and avoid huge bills in the future.
During the hot and humid summer days in Ilderton, Ontario, an air conditioning failure is the last issue you want to face. Regular maintenance is key to ensuring your air conditioner is prepared for the season and operating efficiently.
Air conditioner maintenance is a straightforward and cost-effective process that offers significant long-term benefits. It helps in preventing sudden breakdowns of crucial components and extends the lifespan of your unit.
Plumbhouse has more than 15 years of experience in ac repair, ac maintenance and ac replacement. We will make sure that your system is adjusted for energy-efficient operation. Call us today to schedule a free ac maintenance consultation. With over 15 years of expertise in AC repair, maintenance, and replacement, Plumbhouse is well-equipped to ensure your system operates with optimal energy efficiency. Contact us today to arrange a complimentary AC maintenance consultation.
Benefits of regular air conditioning maintenance in Ilderton, Ontario.
- Saving on energy bills. Without routine cleaning and timely air filter replacements, an air conditioning unit has to exert more effort to cool your home. This includes overworking its moving parts, which, if not regularly lubricated, consume more energy during operation.
- Increased unit's lifespan. Consistent maintenance ensures your air conditioning unit remains in optimal condition, reducing the chances of breakdowns and effectively extending its operational lifespan.
- Prevent expensive repairs. Often, air conditioners are located in less frequented areas, meaning minor issues can remain undetected for extended periods. The longer these problems persist, the more severe they become, leading to more expensive repairs. Regular inspections and maintenance of the unit and its components are crucial in preventing these scenarios.
How does air conditioning maintenance work?
- We schedule an appointment. Call us (519) 453-4650 or fill the contact form, and we will call you back. We will find a time that works for you and fits in your schedule.
- Our technician arrives. Our technician will arrive at the determined time and explain to you all the actions that will be performed. The whole ac maintenance procedure will not take more than 1 hour.
- Maintenance is completed. After the maintenance is done, our technician will give you a full description of your unit’s condition. If a repair is needed, our technician will provide you with a price estimate for the repair.
Air conditioner maintenance tips
Try running your ac before it gets too hot
- If you do that before the heat kicks in, you will have time to order details or arrange the repair much cheaper than if you do that in the middle of a season.
Cover the top part of the outdoor module in winter
- Although the unit is supposed to be outdoors and protected from water, a simple cover will help keep it safe during winter. It can also help to protect it from icicles falling and breaking its parts.
- Rapping the unit will create comfortable conditions for mice to live there during the winter, so if you do cover the unit, cover only the top part.
- Remember to uncover your ac unit after winter.
Clean the condenser coil
- Examine your unit several times a season. If it looks dirty, clean it with water. Don’t use any chemical cleaners as they may contain corrosive chemicals that will accelerate your coil's corrosion, especially if it is made out of aluminum.
- Disconnect the power from the unit. Get the top off your unit and spray some water from inside out. Don’t use a power washer or a pressure washer because the fins are flexible, and you might bend them.
Check the unit for mouse nest and broken wires
- Locate your disconnect, open it and disconnect the power from the condenser. Double-check that the electricity is turned off by meter or voltage pen.
- Open the electrical section of the unit and inspect the electrical components. Make sure nothing is falling apart, and there is no nest in there.
Check the suction line insulation
- Every unit has 2 refrigeration lines going out of it. The suction line is the thick one; it always should have insulation over it. With time insulation falls apart, which reduces the lifespan of your compressor.
Level the condenser unit
- Keep in mind that every unit has copper pipes that can be damaged if you move the ac too much.
Replace air filter regularly
- Usually, the optimal use time of a single filter is around 1 month. Still, it can be lower if you make renovations in the house.
- The arrow on the filter should always be pointing the furnace. That way, you can be sure that it is installed correctly.