We love them, the view-on-our-phones-home-security-systems; Ring, and the Google Nest Series have been the most requested doorbell security systems for years. We’ve learned all about them, including how to set them up, so you don’t have to.
Plumbhouse Plumbing, Heating & Electrical are Nest and Ring Pros.
It’s ok that you haven’t become a security expert in your spare time. Having security networks, cameras, and doorbell systems installed by someone whose job it is to set them up is always a better idea.
Did you know you can tie these into your home’s electrical systems? If you wanted to, you could use your phone to, for example, turn off your AC from your office, or similarly turn it on 30 minutes before you arrive home.
Did you also know we install Smart Home Plumbing leak detection sensors and Smart Flo Valves that turn off your water and can be programmed hundreds of miles away from your cottage at the end of the fall season.
Plumbhouse Plumbing, Heating & Electrical will set it all up for you and answer any questions you have. Remember, there are no stupid questions, just crazy answers. We’re always here to help you. Read our happy customer testimonials!
With either system, Google/ Nest or Amazon Alexa/ Ring, we help you cast your Smart cameras to your Smart tv and Spotify, set up the voice commands for your thermostat, light controls, and motion sensors.
Tell Google or Alexa to call us at the number below, or use your finger to call and ask us about our current Smart Home Specials.
Do you have a Google Smart speaker at home now?
We’ll install the Google Nest Protect expanded system.
The Nest Protect system uses its own wireless network. In the case your WIFI goes down for a time, you are fully protected.
Google has discontinued door and window sensors; the cameras essentially do the same thing. Google’s Nest video doorbell has night vision and 24/7 monitoring. Reasonably priced subscriptions are part of the Nest package.
Available Google Nest upgrades include:
- Intelligent (IQ) interior and exterior cameras are available with facial recognition for people, cars, and pets. We can be there to set it up with you.
- Google and Yale have teamed up to create a Yale Smart Lock. Receive phone alerts, schedule guest access, and appreciate its auto-lock feature. It can replace most common lock systems. It has an override passcode in case the battery isn’t working.
- A battery-operated Nest thermostat that connects to your WIFI, or without WIFI, with limited functionality. You can create energy-saving strategies if you’d like. It can learn to set a temperature with minimal HVAC activity.
- Smoke and carbon monoxide (C0) detectors that connect to the Nest Protect wireless network. (You must have a Google account.) These super chic-looking detectors are battery-operated (6 AA batteries) or wired (3 AA batteries as backup power).
The Nest app will tell you their battery status or alert you when batteries are low.
Be aware that the C0 and smoke sensors are designed to have a finite lifetime to ensure they crucially remain functional. The 1st generation-Nest life expectancy is seven years, while the 2nd generation life expectancy is ten years. They chirp when they need to be replaced. Add as many as you wish, they automatically interconnect, so they speak to you in unison. You can also hush them.(However, when purchasing, please note that lessened lifetime units are the ones that are put on sale. Look on the back of the box for its expiry date. )
Do you have an Alexa speaker at home now?
We’ll install the Ring Amazon Alexa expanded security system. We can help you add Ring as a skill in your Alexa app. You’ll be able to use a variety of Alexa-enabled devices with your Ring devices. The primary Ring product is its video doorbell which has many styles and upgrades available.
Available Amazon Alexa / Ring device upgrades include:
- Spotlight cameras
- Interior and exterior cameras
- Ring Alarms
- Ring Smart Locks compatible with Yale and August locks; must be connected to Ring Alarms. Give separate people passcodes (if you’re AirBNBing an apt)
- Ring Smart Path lights, Steplights, and Floodlights (battery or wired)
- Ring Smart Motion Sensors with window and door sensors.
- Smoke and Carbon Monoxide (C0) detectors called Amazon Alexa Guard with Alarm detect the same way as the Google Nest system described above. For now, this system is only available in the US.
- Echo Show, a Smart display touchscreen with smart speakers and of course, Alexa. Its wide-angle camera is a video device that keeps your face centred and supports Zoom, Amazon’s Chime.
- Echo Dot Kid Edition is, well, a small soft sphere of voice support (no touchscreen) that supports kid-friendly Audible books, educational skills and interactive games.
- Amazon Echo Glow (just what you’re imagining), for kids too. Amazon Echo Flex ($15) is a small power outlet plug-in for quick Alexa access with accessories like a motion sensor and night light.
- An Amazon Echo Link allows control over your stereo equipment volume and playback choices on the Alexa app.
- A microwave, oven, smart Alexa glasses (Echo Frames Smart), and an auto-connect round out a plethora of smart systems available.
All products are interchangeable with each other; however, they work exceedingly better using their respective Borg-like mother-systems, Google to Nest and Alexa to Ring.
Call Plumbhouse Plumbing, Heating & Electrical helpful staff at (519) 453 4650.
Please recycle these products at your recycling depot.Tags: Smart Doorbell, Smart Plumbing, Smart Security, Smart Speakers, Smart Thermostats
Categorised in: Smart Security